a. What did you learn in the first session about assessment?
We have a great group of faculty and I liked hearing some of the issues faced by the different disciplines. I have some familiarity with assessment already but I welcome the chance to learn more and do a better job with application.
b. What are you worried about? (Questions and concerns)
I was concerned about choosing to use the Human Sexuality class for my assessment practice course, particularly when Autumn said the large size would be difficult to manage. I was disappointed at first because I had several ideas for the course but I chose to seek another option. I can still pursue the ideas with the Human Sexuality class, just independently. I've been given some information on clickers and I will still plan to speak with the textbook representative about their clicker systems.
c. What are you excited about? (Hopes and dreams)
I am looking forward to implementing some strategies with the 9 students in our capstone experience, the student internship. I had not thought this could be a course option so I was pleased when the idea came to me and was approved by Autumn. This is a 12 credit, 480 hour requirement that is taken at the end of all coursework. Although most of the interns are in various locations throughout the state, there are elements in place for regular communication. Since this is one of the most "telling" aspects of the effectiveness of our curriculum, I am very interested in using a variety of techniques to get the most information and to do program revision as needed.
Monday, January 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment